Sunday, August 12, 2012

Who Lied and Said Looking Good Doesn't Make You Feel Good???

It may be shallow, but your appearance has tons to do with how you feel. I think if nothing else, it's a personal ego booster.

I was telling one of my co-workers about an article I read recently in one of the magazines that I take about how good-looking people tend to make more money and are overall more successful than unattractive people. I've also seen articles and statistics discussing the same topic on Yahoo! News and other internet sites. I was really surprised that there was so much information out there about the topic.

I don't believe that it has everything to do with a person just being good-looking. A well groomed individual, regardless of their position on the scales of attractiveness can get whatever they want! The one thing that I can't stand is sloppiness! I look through tons of merchandise trying to figure out what pieces I want to add to my inventory and sometimes I find myself laughing because of what I see! Don't get me wrong, I understand that everyone's tastes in fashion differ and I appreciate that, but what I can't appreciate is a wholesale hoodie for $40 that's not even made of a fine fabric! Bwwaaahhhhhh LMBO! Who is about to pay nearly $80+ for something made out of a fabric that may scratch your skin off????? It's all good...I understand...SOMEONE,...SOMEWHERE...will say OMG...THIS IS JUST WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!! (...and this when I turn and walk away).

I've heard many of my friends mention that they don't feel right when their hair isn't done the way they like or they don't have a fresh manicure. I really think our emotions are tied into our appearance. On days that start out slow for me, I really try to make sure that I look extra delicious...just for me. It almost always peps me up and gets me back in the game.

For those women who feel like they have to have an invite to a black tie event to put on a sexy dress and shoes that are comfortable for them...THE BLACK TIE EVENT IS LIFE! Celebrate EVERYDAY! There is nothing wrong with having your gratitude for life in your heart. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with glamorizing your everyday look and looking like you have a purpose!

Leave the flats at home and elevate to a wedge...(baby steps). Instead of the same boring blazer, elevate to a banded collar jacket and add a collar necklace...(baby steps)...it doesn't take much! If you wear black most of the time like I do, purchase some colorful stud earrings and a colorful or print blouse. Stop going in the store and purchasing your entire outfit in ONE STORE! Put on that fun t-shirt with your business suits in the summer. I love my sequin tees under my suits. It gives me just enough bling, but not too much.

Anyway, I hope that you have a fashionable week and try something different! In case you can't find that one piece of pop...visit us at www.aclassycloset.com or come into our store...you'll definitely find it!

Check out my fly friend who found her fashionable outfit at A Classy Closet Boutique. (The blouse is sold out and there is only one skirt left in a size Large. This item is not online so contact us at customerservice@aclassycloset.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment