Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Love for Fishnets!

So, I'll start by saying that my inspiration for this post was the new shipment of fishnet pantyhose that I received in the boutique on Friday.  I LOVE THEM!!!!! I love them so much that after I put them out on the floor, I had a talk with myself...I said SELF, you cannot have a pair each... only one, so pick your favorite out of the lot! I picked my favorite and proceeded to take them out of the pack (in the store while watching the door for customers) and putting them on behind the checkout counter (LMBO)!!! I TELL YOU...I just HAD to put a pair on to see them on my legs! I AM A LOVER OF FISHNET AND LACE PANTYHOSE!

I have a little story to share with you about about the appropriateness of such hosiery...

Outside of boutique hours, I work in corporate America. Everyone knows that there is a certain plainness that people expect to see in a professional environment, especially in the southeast. I am a lover of fashion so a nice skirt or pantsuit can be just as sexy as the classic black dress with all of the trimmings (e.g. accessories). Anyway, on this particular day, I had on the typically black suit, a colorful blouse and a pair of classic fishnets (with the very small holes). I do not wear those with large holes or my lace ones that show much leg to work, but obviously a few of the ladies had an issue and decided to tell others that my pantyhose were INAPPROPRIATE for the workplace. Unfortunately, I was never confronted, so I assumed they enjoyed looking at them as much as I did! (LOL)

There are some women that think fishnet and lace pantyhose are inappropriate for ANY occasion, and that is perfectly fine. I love that extra that they add to an otherwise plain outfit. I am a believer in being appropriately dressed for any occasion, so doing a once over before walking out of the door is a must!

What I am NOT a fan of are people who take their personal insecurities and project them on others who may take a daring approach to fashion, but always manage to look great! How you dress is an expression and celebration of who YOU are as an individual! Some people feel more liberal in their expression of dress and the world we live in allows that. So if you're one of those people looking out of the side of your eye or making crude comments about someone else, MIND YOUR BUSINESS and work on doing something to better YOURSELF.

Hosiery is an accessory just like a necklace or earrings and either be worn to accentuate an outfit or mute it. I do not wear very revealing clothing and I do not wear pants often, so hosiery allows me to give my overly worn black skirts a different look without exposing my legs.What do you think? Do you wear patterned hosiery?

I also love colorful opaques! I'll be putting some of those in the store this fall...WOOT WOOT!

I've attached a picture of my favorite currently in the store...
The others are available at www.aclassycloset.com with more to come!
...classy doesn't have to be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment